Filing Without an Attorney



If you file your case prior to 12/1/15 you will need to use the forms listed within this page or on the following link:

If you are planning on filing your case AFTER 12/1/15 you need to use the forms listed on the following link:
Pro Se (Filing Without an Attorney)
CLICK HERE FOR Bankruptcy Basics - This Information helps explain and demonstrate the bankruptcy process.    
Bankruptcy can be complicated. The staff of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court Clerk's office provides a variety of services; however they are not permitted to assist with the preparation of the voluntary petition, schedules, or other documents, nor can they provide legal advice. All parties must comply with the Local Bankruptcy Rules,   Administrative Procedures   and General Orders for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure. Failure to do so will result in dismissal of the case, or other sanctions. The public library may have law books that may be of assistance.
If you wish to retain an attorney, call the Oklahoma Bar Association: 1-800-522-8065 or visit the Oklahoma Bar Association Web Site
Whether you file a chapter 7, 11, 12, or 13 case, you start with the same basic set of forms (as outlined below). This page does not discuss filing under chapter 11 or 12 because it is uncommon for debtors to file petitions under these chapters pro se(without an attorney). Additionally, because corporations and partnerships are required to have an attorney represent them, these entities may not file petitions pro se.
Most of the forms on this page are in fillable PDF format.  Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files and PDF fill-in forms. Adobe Acrobat is required to save PDF fill-in forms. Download Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader.
   In both chapter 7 and chapter 13, the following are required to start the bankruptcy (minimum filing requirements):

 Click Here for Pro Se Filing Disclosure Form 1007-1(G) WPD or Pro Se Filing Disclosure Form 1007-1(G) PDF

  1. Form B1 Voluntary petition - Instructions - | Committee Notes  Must be signed by the debtor(s)(one who files bankrutpcy). Pro se debtor(s) must include a day time phone number with area code.
  2. Form B1D Exhibit D to Official Form 1 & Instructions - | Committee Notes Individual Debtor's Statement of Compliance with Credit Counseling Requirement (new)
  3. B 3A Application for Individuals to Pay the Filing Fee in Installments(12/14) Form - Committee Notes . 
  4. B 3B Application to Have the Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived (12/14) Form - Committee Note Make all fees payable to: U.S. Bankruptcy Court. A fee waiver may ONLY be used for a chapter 7 filing. Qualifying for a fee waiver. Poverty Guidelines.
  5. Creditor Matrix A CD containing the names and addresses of all creditors is preferred, however, you may must also submit it in paper form with proper verification Local  Form 1008-1.   Local Form 1008-1 WPD  or Local Form 1008-1 PDF
  6. Form B21 Statement of Social Security Number(s)Committee Notes  signed by debtor(s). Non-debtor spouse information must be added to this document. Policy on Privacy
  7. Certificate of credit counseling and debt repayment plan if any
  8. Form B19 - Notice to debtor by bankruptcy petition preparer (if applicable) - Committee Note
  9. Form B280 - Statement disclosing compensation paid or to be paid to a bankruptcy petition preparerInstructions  (if applicable)
  10. Form B201A - Notice to Individual Consumer Debtor(S) Under §342(b)Of The Bankruptcy Code - Instructions
    Form B201B - Certification of  Notice to Individual Consumer Debtor(S)  -Instructions

Where do I file my case?
The Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma is located in Okmulgee, OK
LOCATION                                    MAILING ADDRESS:
111 W. 4th Street, Room 229           United States Bankruptcy Court
(4th & Grand Streets)                        Eastern District of Oklahoma
Okmulgee, Oklahoma                        P.O. Box 1347
                                                         Okmulgee, OK 74447
Phone: (918)549-7200 

The following schedules and statements must be filed with the voluntary petition, or no later than 14 calendar days after filing the voluntary petition:

The following statement must be filed with the voluntary petition, or no later than 30 calendar days after filing the voluntary petition:

Documents due before the discharge is granted in a Chapter 7 or 13:

Documents due within 14 days before the date set for confirmation in a Chapter 13

More information on the requirements of the Office of the U.S. Trustee
 341 notice and deadlines - Notice of bankruptcy case filing, meeting of creditors, & deadlines will be sent to the debtor and all creditors listed on the matrix within 7 to 10 business days. Pro se debtors should also be familiar with Bankruptcy Code § 521, Rule 4002 of the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure.

  • Due 7 days before the date set for the Section 341 meeting of creditors: Provide the trustee with a copy of the Federal income tax return (or transcript of return) for the most recent tax year ending before filing. Tax return privacy information