All Oklahoma attorneys filing in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma are required to be admitted to the Eastern District Bar.
Procedure to become admitted to the Eastern District Bar:
- Complete an Application for Admission to Practice in the Eastern District Form may be found by clicking on the link below or by going to www.oked.uscourts.gov
- Mail the completed Application to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, POB 607, Muskogee OK 74402.
- Upon approval of the Application, the attorney shall be required to bring the approval letter, appear in person at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Okmulgee or the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District in Muskogee in order to be sworn in and submit the required $206.00 admission fee payable to the U.S. District Court. After being sworn, the District Court will issue a Certificate of Admission to the Eastern District Bar.
- The attorney shall notify the Bankruptcy Court immediately upon admission, if sworn in at the U.S. District Court in Muskogee.
Click here to Download the Application For Admission, complete and mail to the U.S. District Court, POB 607, Muskogee, Ok 74402.
Procedure for Admission Pro Hac Vice in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court:
- Eligibility: Non-Oklahoma residents only.
- Mail the following pleadings and fee to the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, POB 1347, Okmulgee, OK 74447:
1. Complete Local Form 2090-1(E) Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice and attached Application for Admission Pro Hac Vice.
2. Proposed Order Granting the Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice. Leave a 4 inch margin at the top of the Order for the Judge’s signature.
3. $50.00 check, cashier’s check or money order made payable to U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma. Checks made payable to the incorrect court will be returned causing a delay in processing.